Thursday, January 10, 2008

Got ... Fish?

Devon and I headed to the building to train yesterday morning, around 6 a.m. We've had a lot of rain, and I have some new ponds in my back yard. Devon sloshed through the water and ran to sniff something on the ground. Then she paused and pulled her head back to look at it. Then she sniffed it again, and I thought I saw this shiny dark thing on the ground move! She pulled her head back again and looked at me like, "Hey mom! This is weird!" She had found a crayfish. It was about 6 inches long (really big) and slowly lumbered toward a big pond of water. Devon wasn't quite sure what to do with it since it didn't have feathers or fur (she's an expert mouse retriever). Thankfully she decided this wasn't worth retrieving. A co-worker later told me crayfish smell bad. Ok, so dead mice and dog poop, which she is found of, DON'T smell bad??? I think it's all in the eye of the beholder!

No comments: