Saturday, November 8, 2008

A perfect mini-T drill

Devon and I have been working "overs" in isolation for three sessions. On Tuesday, the second session, the light bulb came on! I continued one more session on just "overs" to make sure she was solid. So today was the first time I put it all back together.

I set the back pile at 40 yards and the side piles not quite 20 yards off the center. I identified the back pile and sent her. On the second send, I stopped her then asked for a right back. Perfect. I sent her again, stopped her, and identified the left over pile. I sent her and it was perfect. I lined her up and sent her to the back pile, stopped her, and then did a left back. Perfect! Next I sent her to the back pile, stopped her, identified the right over pile, and sent her. Perfect again! 

And so it went, sending her to the back and over piles without identification. A perfect mini-T drill, with Devon nailing ever handle and ever sit whistle. I was so very proud of her, and you could tell she knew she was doing it right out there. The only flaw is that when she turns to sit, she's not facing me square, but usually facing to my right. However, she's taking every cast, including the left back even though she must turn 270 degrees to take it. I will have to straighten up that sit, but for today I wasn't going to fuss at her when she did such an awesome job!

No comments: