Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Page's VST track July 10


On Friday, I decided to give Page a VST track. It was 346 yards long with 23% non-veg. It was aged just over an hour and run in the early morning.

I gave Page hand prints in water every 3-4 steps on non-veg except through the rubber mulch. I did not use chalk; my thinking is that I'm going to have to wean her off any "help" I give her, and I'd rather wean her off just hand prints than both hand prints and chalk. If I run into trouble in the future, I always have chalk in my toolbox.

I was utterly speechless watching Page run this track. She was head down, shoulders arched pulling along the line of the track. She got into the concrete playground area and didn't miss a beat.

She nailed the hard surface turn and nose down tracked me through the rubber mulch and back up and through a concrete picnic area. She got the two turns on the sidewalk, and she never stopped until she was around the building and at the glove.

I didn't give her extra articles, because I wanted her to concentrate on the tracking and not stress on the articles. At the end article, she gave me a tentative sit and looked back at me. That was good enough, and she got praise and kibble from my pocket.

This was an awesome track, and it encouraged me to do more VST with her.

No comments: