Sunday, August 16, 2009

Field training: land set-ups

Devon has been concentrating solely on field work these days (along with her weekly agility class). Page is also doing field training, but more focused on her table work for force fetch.

During the week we do mostly drills, but both girls have enjoyed weekly set-ups with a field training group. This week because Agile Gold came to visit, I was able to get stuff on video. Sorry about the quality of the video. It was set on manual and overexposed, but I think you can see it well enough.

Here is the second land set-up that Devon ran. It was a simple double, but I was very pleased with her marking.



Devon's land blind was also very nice. I'll have to confess this was the second time she'd been to this blind, but this time it was from a different and longer line. I was pleased she lined it; she got it the first time on two whistles.




Page is doing a really great job for not even being 6 months old! Here is the first set-up we did with Page running. On the first mark she's looking over her shoulder coming back because the bumper had a long rope and it was hitting her in the butt! You can see we don't have a return to hand, but we're working on that.

The second mark is the longest she's ever done at about 100 yards. She pulled up about 15-20 yards too early and needed help. We reran the mark and I think she was much better the second time. Of course, that big bumper is REALLY heavy and she thought about taking it back to Janet who was the gunner sitting closer. I'm glad she figured out to come back to me!



It was really fun to get these video clips. I can't wait to see how much progress each girl makes in the coming weeks and months!

No comments: