Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm not a coyote!



Poor Page. She's in that lanky puppy ugly stage. It's a good thing she doesn't know what people are saying about her; but then again I doubt she'd let it bother her if she did. She's got too much work to do to worry about how she looks!

Last week I had her swimming at a nearby pond and family friend came up to us after I had Page in the car and Devon out. He tactfully said something about being too far away and what kind of dog did I have out earlier. I said she was a 5.5 month old Golden Retriever. His response was, "OH! I know that's (meaning Devon) a Golden." Hummmmm, makes you wonder what he thought Page was.

I think the final straw for me was when we went to a mock hunt test last weekend and I had Page walking around and two ladies asked what breed she was. I guess they ruled out Flat Coat and Toller right away, but from there it must have been anyone's guess!! Goodness, there was a short list of breeds at a hunt test she could be!

Gayle was very encouraging by pointing out the positives: nice angles, good topline, decent bone, coat coming in nicely ... but then we move to her head. It's always reassuring when your breeder says, "She's cute but kinda like a sighthound at the moment." Maybe her new nickname should be the Saluki!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So obviously a golden...some people need to get out more!!!

kgiff said...

Well I think she's adorable. And certainly looks like a golden to me!

Amanda Baur said...

Enjoy reading your blog and I love that you post so often! Page is adorable. I love the teenager stage!