Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Devon and Page's retrieving fun

On the way home from field training and tracking, I stopped to check out a pond I use. I thought the girls might enjoy a swim after a hard afternoon of training. Unfortunately there was someone fishing in the pond, so I decided not to be rude and swim my dogs.

I saw that they had put up hay in big round bales in the field, so I decided to walk the girls and take a couple of bumpers. I really haven't asked Page to retrieve bumpers, just toys in the building. She is starting to get in the habit of grabbing a toy in the morning and carrying it downstairs to the backdoor where I have to ask her to "give" before she goes out. Devon does the same thing, and there always seems to be a clutter of stuffed babies at the back door. I think retrieving will come quite naturally to her once we get through the force fetch, so I'm not even remotely worried about it.

Below are several clips of Devon retrieving and Page "helping." You can see Page does get the idea to carry the bumper, but it seems to be more fun carrying it by the rope! Now you can see why I can't help but smile and laugh at these two beautiful girls!











Needless to say both girls are really tired tonight. Page took herself to her crate about 30 minutes ago, and I haven't heard a thing from her since.

No comments: