Thursday, June 4, 2009

I give up

Page is the funniest puppy. She has assumed from Day 1 that if the other Goldens were on the furniture she should be too. I've removed her, but I've never really told her no. How can I? She's right: they are on certain pieces of furniture so why shouldn't she be?

Yesterday afternoon she was playing in the bonus room with me and Devon. Devon gave up the playtime first (she wasn't really playing with Page, she was laying next to me while I was playing with Page) and headed for her nap spot on the daybed. Then I started working on the computer a few minutes later, and I realized Page was fading and would likely nap soon. After a couple of minutes I realized it was "too quiet" and quickly looked around for Page. She usually naps under my chair or feet. However, this is where I found her:

















Did you notice how they are in the exact same position, almost like bookends? After I took the photo, she woke up and changed positions to get more comfortable...

















and then fell back to sleep. Like I said, I give up. How in the world could I remove her from the daybed when she was so comfortable and absolutely adorable?

1 comment:

kgiff said...

I'm right there with ya. Riot had weaseled his way into sleeping on the bed by 5 months.

I've caught my goldens in the same position before. It always amazes me to find them like that.

Look how big she's getting already!