Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Agility Class: Get on your running shoes, Mom!

After a big weekend of hunt tests, Devon spent Monday sleeping and playing with her little sister. Tuesday morning we did some water pile work where she swam across a pond to a pile of bumpers on the opposite side. Mitch suggested revisiting this drill this week to straighten up her water entrances.

Tuesday afternoon I worked and Devon napped on the daybed. At one point I got a phone call and I sat down next to her on the daybed to talk. After a couple of minutes, Devon grumbled, got up and stalked over to a spot on the floor to continue her nap.

Apparently I had distrubed the princess during her nap! Geez! What a grumpy sleepyhead!! She's never grumped at me like that before! I realized she must be very, very tired. I worried about taking her to agility class, but I decided to go and just monitor her energy level.

We were the only big dog in the class last night, so I said I'd run at 16 inches instead of our usual 20 inches since Devon was so tired. I even told them the story of Devon grumping at me. We ran an excellent level course from last weekend's Hamilton Dog Training Club trial. I led out and released Devon from the startline, only to nearly collide with her after the second jump! She exploded off the startline and she was flying! I can't recall a time when I had to run so fast with her!

Needless to say, the entire class laughed pretty hard at me. Devon sure conned me last night! I doubt she will get to run 16 inches very often, because I can't run that fast!

No comments: