Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things said or overheard at a hunt test (part 3)

Here are just some things said during the weekend that I thought would be fun to share.
  • Mitch White: "Devon is the perfect dog for you. She's your perfect first field dog. Devon is the perfect dog for you, and Page is the perfect dog ... FOR ME!" My response: "You can't have her!"
  • Me to Mitch: "Well boss, how did I do?" said on returning from water on Sunday, the only series Mitch was around to see me run. Mitch: "Sorry, I missed it." Me: "You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!" Mitch laughing: "I'm just messing with you because it's so fun!"
  • Me to Mitch: "So, how do I get a Gamekeepers window decal for my car? Do I have to earn my Senior Hunter?" Mitch to me: "Nope, you just have to ask. However, to get the nice black quilted Gamekeepers jacket, you have to earn your Master Hunter." I have the decal now, and I'm documenting this conversation so I get the jacket when I get my first MH!
  • Saturday judge to gallery on land during the dog before me: "Geez, you're a tough crowd! The guy gets the blind and you don't even clap!" Me to judge when Devon brings back the blind: "You're right, they are a tough crowd!" Judge to gallery: "Really, calp for this woman and her dog!"
  • Marshal to me before land series; I was the last dog to run: "The women are doing a better job on this series than the men are, so go get 'em!" There were only 5 women handlers both days with 22 and 23 entries. We did kill the men when it came to pass rate!
  • Saturday judge to me as he's waiting to receive bird from land blind: "She's a nice little dog!"
  • Saturday judge to me after long handle on water memory mark: "I'm sorry we can't pass you today." Me to judge: "That's ok, thank you." Judge to me: "What's this dog's breeding? I really like her!"

No comments: