Saturday, August 30, 2008

He did it!

Round 2 of Ian versus the dogwalk went to Ian! The dogwalk was #18 of 19 obstacles, and he just nailed it. I gave him a great approach with no other options and he went right on it. I cheered him all the way across and over the last jump to the exit gate and to his bag of cookies. He earned it! Not only that, but he Q'd with 11 MACH points.

A really nice lady who is a seasoned competitor came up to me after our run and said, "If I could give you a word of advice, you need to not celebrate too early or you could take down the last bar." I laughed and tried to explain he fell off the dogwalk yesterday. She wasn't listening and continued to counsel me on the wisdom of not doing an early celebration. I finally had to explain he was afraid of the dogwalk, fell off it yesterday and the last time he had issues he was out of standard for a year. That finally got her attention, but I could tell she thought I over did it a little. While I appreciated her intentions, goodness!! Sometimes we need to just leave other competitors alone! They know their dogs!

So Ian was a very good boy and double Q'd for me today. So far he's been 75% with 19 MACH points and his only error has been falling off the dogwalk in his first run this weekend. It's been a much better weekend than I thought it would be based on the first run!

No comments: