Friday, August 29, 2008

Put me in coach!

I think Devon's ready for agility again. We've been doing some low contact work, but that's it. I've been trying to keep her healthy for her JH tests the next two weekends. Well, Wednesday night she had other ideas. After a low A frame, she headed to the weave poles and volunteered them! It's been about 8 months since I've asked her for weave poles! She skipped a few poles, but she nailed her entrance each time I asked for them. Hey, you didn't think I was going to let that opportunity go, did you???

Then today she did something else that was funny. I have a GMC Safari with the "dutch doors" in the back. I lifted just the back window and reached in for some snacks (for me). Devon wanted to see what I was doing, so she jumped up a couple of times, and I could feel her put her front feet on the bumper to give herself a boost. She still couldn't see, so on the third attempt she jumped up and stayed with her head right next to me. Startled, I leaned back and saw she had jumped onto the bumper and was standing with all four feet perfectly balanced on the 6 inch wide bumper! When I leaned back she promptly walked along the bumper and peered into the back of the van! Snacks for me?

I told her she was brilliant! A Golden that jumped into the air, turned sideways and landed on the bumper! I think she's ready for agility again!

No comments: