Friday, January 23, 2009

Connor's a good dog

I have to brag on what a good boy Connor is. Thursday morning he was nosing around a pair of pants I had worn to agility class Tuesday night and just dropped on the floor when I went to bed. Of course I’d had treats in the pockets, and I knew he was searching for leftovers. I scolded him slightly and picked up the pants from the floor. As I did, I heard something hit the floor – it was a whole piece of salmon jerky that was in the pocket of the pants. I didn’t give it to him, because I didn’t want to reward him for scrounging in my clothes! I have friends who don’t have any pockets left in most of their training clothes because the dogs eat them out looking for treats. Instead, I broke the treat up and put it in the dogs’ Kongs that morning. Connor is such a good boy for not tearing up my pants looking for that big reward! He had full access to my bedroom for 36 hours before he decided to show me there was a huge treat left there. What a good boy!

No comments: