Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY!!

By 6 a.m. this morning we had more than 9 inches of snow and by noon we finished the storm with 12 inches. Now it's a beautiful sunny day. There was no way, even with 4WD I was getting out of the driveway, so we had a snow day!

The dogs had a blast playing in the snow. And yes, that's how Ian and Devon ALWAYS fly off the deck...


Connor had a rough start this morning. At 6 a.m., the thought of sliding down the snow covered steps to the yard was too much for him, so he pottied on the deck. Considering he'll be 9-years-old this weekend, he's allowed. You can tell he got over his worry about the steps in the daylight!



Devon can go down the steps about as fast as she comes up them!


However, Devon does have some problems FINDING things in the snow. For a tracking dog (and a field dog) things falling into the snow baffle her. Last week she lost a bumper at HY BAR Training Center, and Bang the Rottie had to find it for her! But she stuck with it today, looking for a CUZ Chicken. 

Part 1, the throw and search...


Part 2 (I totally give up on her)...


Part 3, she gets a 10 out of 10 for persistence! Even though it took her 10 minutes, she's a good girlie!!



And typical for Devon, once she figures it out the first time, she's got it! She never lost the chicken again (bringing it to me was an other issue....).


If you got it, I hope you all enjoyed the snow as much as we did! I shoveled a path for Connor to make it to the steps and down them safely. My dad drove the tractor 1/2 mile to my house and dug out my driveway. So I'll have to go back to work tomorrow. Oh well, at least we had a fun, quiet day today!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I finally got my snow pics up. Enjoy!

We finished out the day after dinner by grooming w/ the undercoat rake, trimming hair on feet, and cutting nails. Overall a nice day.