Friday, January 23, 2009

Field training in January

I managed to take advantage of our only nice weather in weeks. It came in yesterday with mild temps in the upper 40s. Of course I had agility class last night. The cold front came through today, but the temps were still warmer than they have been. In spite of a very cold breeze, Devon and I managed to sneak in a T drill. For only doing these a hand full of times over the last 3 months, Devon is doing remarkably well. On 20 bumpers, she only missed one over, her first to the right. I knew one of her overs was weak, and after today it has to be the right that is weaker. I just called her in and got her running back again (she showed some mild stress with the failure). Then before I sent her to a right over again, I identified the pile for her. That worked, and I got her back there a second time without a throw.

I'm going to have to stretch her out on these T drills when the weather breaks, but for now the small T is working really well. And 20 bumpers was a good amount for being stuck inside for many weeks. 

No comments: