Monday, December 8, 2008

Jealous over articles?

Here is a clear sign you are living with great performance dogs. Devon always has her nose in the van when the doors are open looking for tracking articles to steal. I was cleaning out the van this evening, when I heard her purposeful trot down the hallway into the living room. Sure enough, she'd stolen a tracking article out of the van. 

She was having a grand time tossing it in the air and rolling on it and playing with it, so I figured I'd retrieve it on my next trip out to the garage. I happened to walk into the living room a minute later to have Ian quietly trot past me with the tracking article in HIS mouth -- and he was even doing his "kill the glove" shake! I quickly looked at Devon to see how he managed to sneak this away from her just in time to see her check right, check left and frantically look around to see how she lost her prize! She soon realized Ian had grabbed her article and a game of "keep away" started around my dining room table! Silly tracking dogs!

1 comment:

Dressage Nomad said...

Hi! I am getting a Papillon puppy on Sunday and found your blog through a web search of Dayton dog training places. Eventually I'd like to do agility with my dog, but she's only 11 weeks so it will be a long time. My husband and I are looking into puppy obedience classes and she'll be old enough for the next round of classes starting with the Dayton Dog Training Club as well as the Gem City Dog Obedience Club (we live in Huber Heights) since you have links to them on your blog. I was wondering if you have any experience with either club and would recommend one over the other for new dog owners.

I also wanted to say your dogs are beautiful and it sounds like you've done a great job training them!