Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Introducing Page





Introducing the newest member of my family: Page. Page is part of the Gaylan's Game Bird litter. She is sired by Can. Ch. Gaylan's Born to Fly SH MX MXJ CCA WCX OS ADHF VC CGC (Goose) and her dam is Ambertrial's I Am A Wild Party Can. WCX (Bizzy). The Game Bird litter is named for the heritage of the Golden Retriever breed, which is to retrieve game birds. In Page's registered name, which has yet to be finalized, I will give recognition to her dam and sire. Page's call name comes from another icon of the Golden Retriever breed, Rachel Page "Pagey" Elliott. While I never met Pagey Elliott, her devotion to the Golden Retriever breed, her study of canine structure and her love of agility (into her 90s) is an inspiration to me. 

I want to say, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" to Gayle and Lise for trusting me with this special little girl. She really wowed me this last weekend, and it is really an honor for me to bring her home. And she's going to have at least three more "interested aunties" watching over her from afar! Marcy, Pam and Donna will also be watching this little girlie grow up! Thank you already to all five of you for your insights into this little pup and for the support and advice I know you'll continue to give me.

As for Page, Devon and I will head back out to New York to pick her up on Monday evening. I'm planning to take lots of packed Kongs for our trip home. We'll make a stop in Ohio on the way back for an obedience lesson for both girls with Linda MacDonald at HYBAR. Today, I even bought her a bright pink puppy harness for tracking. Can't start them too early! 

3 comments:

tailsofgold said...

Yay!! She's gorgeous! I can't wait to watch her blossom :)
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Page! I can't wait to meet her! :)

katiemc811 said...

wow!! congrats. i had no idea you were adding a new one to you family!!! cant wait to "watch" her grow up :)