Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reece is 12 years old!



Reece's birthday always sneaks by and I don't notice until later; it was April 4. That's probably because he wasn't a planned puppy. He was a spur of the moment decision that I have never regretted. You only have one Novice A dog, and oh how I wish I had the puppy Reece now that I know so much more. But your Novice A dog also makes you the trainer you are now. 

Reece moved out about a year ago to live with my parents. It was his choice, not mine. I always said he was smarter than I was, but maybe that's not true. Maybe he just figured things out before I did; I always got there in the end. He's living the life of a spoiled dog and the center of attention, and he's keeping my folks on their toes, too!

Someday I'll have another border collie. I love the breed a great deal; enough to know right now isn't the time for me to have another one. And my next border collie will be biddable, and not as incredibly independent as Reece. But I doubt there will ever be a more handsome border collie than Reece. 

Happy birthday, buddy! I'm so grateful for you coming into my life!

No comments: