Monday, May 18, 2009

More Crate Games

This post is by request from our friends at AgileGold and Tails of Gold. We have been working Crate Games with Page, and I really like what I'm seeing. 

The first thing you'll see in this clip is that Page is sitting in the crate, and she doesn't release until I say, "OK." I'm also glad you can see the distraction of the tug toy. Page loves to tug, but she loves the crate even more because she gets food in there. Here's our first session of the day with a release to the tug toy. BTW, this tug toy was made especially for Page by our friend Rachel Humke. Rachel made sure to use Raspberry colors!


The thing I was really pleased with is how well Page went back into the crate. We need to work more drive into the crate, which I haven't worked. You can see there is very high value in the crate for her. I got the Sheepy Tug, which is Page's favorite tug and this was a higher value than the other tug. I think this value will change as she gets older.


Finally, I wanted to see if the stays we got in the crate transferred to stays out in the open. You can tell by the video below they did transfer. Frankly, I'm thrilled that I got this much stay with movement and distractions of playing with a tug toy and a 12 week old puppy!

No comments: