Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ian’s career: where are we going from here?

I have to admit, Ian’s career is drawing to a close or at least to him becoming the second tier dog. We only need 24 more points to qualify for the 2009 AKC Nationals. I’m hoping to get those points soon. After the AKC Nationals in March, we’ll follow up with the BSCA National Specialty in April.

For the 2009 Specialty, I’m hoping to have Ian certified in tracking, and we will do two days of agility and two days of rally. That will finish his RAE2, and he will get his Agility Hall of Fame Award. I think that will be the perfect time to officially move him to the #2 dog spot.

Post April’s Specialty, I can still do local agility trials and of course trials where Devon is entered. I also will continue to pursue tracking with him. I’m convinced he has the drive to go for a TDX, and from there I will explore VST.

Ian is a great dog and has a lot of performance drive. However, he’s also accomplished way beyond what I ever expected him to do. I have this fantastic little girl waiting in the wings, and she really deserves the #1 working spot as Ian’s career has come to a close.

No comments: