Monday, October 27, 2008

“That which we call a rose, By any other word would smell as sweet”

I came home Friday, and my mom had been at my place dropping off and picking up stuff. There were two purplish-blue roses on my countertop in a vase. I love roses, and these smelled good. I put my nose in them and sniffed deep. Then I looked down and Ms. Devon was watching me intently; she lifted her head and air sniffed and looked at the roses. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! Well, she is a tracking dog, and she knows how to sniff. So I took the roses out of the vase and leaned them down toward Devon. Once we shooed Ian away (who stuck his big nose in but wanted to take a big bite out of them), Devon lifted her nose up and sniffed each rose individually and then looked at me like, “Was that what I was supposed to do?” She’s so funny! Such a mimic and so girlie!

No comments: