Sunday, February 15, 2009

Agility Club of Indianapolis, Devon's Saturday Runs

Thanks to Agile Gold for uploading our runs from yesterday. Devon and Emma ran back to back, so we didn't make our video volunteer use two cameras! It's hard enough to find a lot of nice people to tape us!

Novice Standard
Devon surprised me a bit on her Standard run on Saturday. She has gone around the start obstacle a couple of times on me lately, and I thought she might do that with the tire at an odd angle. She was slow off the start, and she hit the dogwalk and immediately knew she hadn't been on it before. This is brand new (i.e. just out of the box) equipment. Although Devon has been training at this building for months, she's never been on this equipment and she knew it right away. 

After the dogwalk, she started to greet the ring steward (likely some stress from the dogwalk), and ended up coming around the double. Then the next obstacle was a teeter that again was brand new to her. She did a great job, but again with the stress, she came off her contact and around the chute. 

However, after we got all that out of the way, the rest of the run was wonderful ... except the weaves. I had said if she showed me effort, I would go on. Well, she showed me something new -- one pole and complete avoidance. I asked for a second performance but didn't get it. All I got was stress. This could have been from the new contact equipment, but I still didn't like what I saw in the weaves.



Novice JWW
This was an incredibly nice run. I was driving, and she responded with a fast confident run. I was really happy with the front cross I got in and the rear before the weaves. You can again see the avoidance of the weaves and a second try didn't get any better results. I gave up and went on. 





No comments: