Thursday, February 26, 2009

Connor rules the "my mommy" game

All the dogs play the "my mommy" game, which is what I call it when they race each other to see who can be closest to me. They are all quite good at it. Tonight I was sitting on the couch and Devon reached my side first and put her head in my lap. Connor came up and looked mournfully at me asking where was the room for him. As Devon had planned, there wasn't any. 

I petted Connor as he stood next to me, and he continued to look so pitiful. But don't be fooled. He's a crafty old guy. First, he set his head on my lap, conveniently with his nose over the end of Devon's nose. That turned out to be his only warning to Devon that he was still top dog. In a flash, he came up onto my lap right in front of her face and shoved her off my lap onto the floor. Devon laid on the floor and sighed in defeat. 

Connor enjoyed the cuddle time on my lap. What a good, good boy!

No comments: