Saturday, February 14, 2009

Agility Club of Indianapolis Trial, Ian's Saturday Runs

Ian had another perfect day at the ACI trial. He double Q'd, earning 3rd in JWW and winning the Standard class. He was well under time in each run, and they were confident runs. Best of all his weaves were beautiful. I especially liked his weaves in Standard as he single tracked all the way through them -- a first in competition! 

Excellent JWW


Excellent Standard
Ian also saved my rear in Standard. The course had to be tweaked to add in a jump (the yellow one after the triple at the end) due to the pole. The pole was mis-marked on the judge's sheet and would have been in the dog's path, so she added the off course jump in flow. This forced one of two handling options: 1) a front cross on the landing side of the triple, risking the third bar of the triple or 2) a rear at the yellow, which put you behind and many fast dogs curled into their handler taking he wrong side of the tunnel. A third option was to front cross before the triple, but this forced a push back to the yellow that just wasn't possible. I walked the front cross on the landing side of the triple, but when I ran it I realized I wouldn't make it. I did the rear, but threw in that horrid off arm thinking he'd turn into me. Bless his soul, he acted like he read the course map and never even looked at the wrong end of the tunnel or turned hard right due to my flinging arm and take the A frame. As I watch the run on the tape, I can tell he read my motion and I was headed directly to the correct end of the tunnel. Well, as Linda Mecklenburg says, "Run in the right direction." Guess I got that one down, so I should stop flinging my arm! 


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, these are great videos! Who shot them for you?

Deb said...

Wow, I had to think about that one for a minute! Why my friend at Agile Gold shot these awesome videos for me! I highly recommend Agile Gold for agility videos!

Lysiane said...

God, when he single tracks those weaves, it's gorgeous! Love it! Good boy, Ian! And yes, those were some pretty nice videography! Maybe Emma's mom could find a new career?? ;)