Monday, September 8, 2008

Connor, the spokesperson of the group

While Devon and I had a “girl’s weekend” at the hunt test, my parents had Ian and Connor, in addition to Reece and their dog Holly. On Sunday morning, my mom (the main dog caretaker) woke up late. She quickly took the dogs out, got ready and was working on breakfast with my dad in the kitchen before heading out to church. Connor started barking at her from the living room. She told him to be quiet, his breakfast was coming. He continued to bark insistently at her. Thinking he was just demanding his breakfast, she scolded him again telling him he’d have to wait until they were done eating. As Connor continued to bark at her, she turned and realized Ian had peed from one end of the kitchen to the other, as he was running to the door having to go out. Apparently in their rush that morning, Ian hadn’t quite done everything he needed to do!

As soon as mom realized the issue, she rushed Ian outside and then cleaned up her kitchen. Connor was now quiet. Connor tried his best to once again serve as spokesperson for the group. I can now translate Golden Retriever for you: “Hey lady, you better turn around and look at the black dog! You’re gonna be in trouble if you don’t look over there at Ian. I’m telling you, you really should stop eating and look at the stupid black dog. He’s running back and forth, and I know him and he can’t hold it much longer. Oh, I told you so! Hope you have some shoes on!”

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Go Connor! You tried to tell her, did you? :)