Sunday, September 21, 2008

Devon conquers the full-height dogwalk

Devon didn't miss a beat having one day off from agility practice. She went out and ran to the teeter, volunteering it and looking great (and very proud of herself). We went over and did some one jump work, which was also successful. Then I asked for the A frame, and she seemed a little confused and refused it. I think I just turned her to the new obstacle too fast, and she didn't have time to prepare. After some encouragement, she got her stride and went up and over it several times. She even ran back over to the teeter to show me she could do that again too!

After some more one jump work, she actually went straight over to my old, full-height dogwalk and volunteered it! I was so thrilled because it has less support under the ups and downs, so they move a little. While this slowed her a little the first two times over it, she didn't let it bother her and continued to volunteer it! YEAH!!

I was thrilled with her volunteering the teeter and full-height dogwalk. Even better, she's showed no signs of limping after her first jumping session last Thursday. After contact work and additional one-jump work she gaited beautifully back to the house, so I think we've given her enough time to heal and she's really ready for agility again!

No comments: