Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ian had his first turn

I laid a short one turn track for Ian last night and ran it at 20 minutes. He started strong, but he continues to be a little erratic when he goes off the track. The turn seemed to stump him, and he finally came and stood next to me like he had no idea what to do. But when I took one step in the direction of new leg and said track, he put his nose right down and tracked on it. I’m wondering if he was indicating the new leg and I missed it. As I said, he’s so erratic that it’s hard for me to tell if he’s on the track or searching. His jerky movements were also pulling on my very sore back, as was the uneven terrain, so that may have also caused me to miss his less than obvious indications. We’ll just have to keep tracking so I learn his behavior. I think I lay a serpentine track for him on Wednesday and see what he does with that!

No comments: