Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2x2 training day 10

Well, today got away from me a little. A cold front come in early before we got any 2x2 work done. We were able to sneak out between thunderstorms and in a few sprinkles to do one session. 

I set the jump up and did 12 poles. Devon nailed the weaves with really nice drive. She was excited to work and flew to the poles. She did some difficult left entries, but when we moved to the high challenge right entries, she broke down and started entering on the wrong side again. I finally got a few successes and stopped. 

Devon is weaving out all 12 poles with only a very few exceptions. She does know her job. I know it's demotivating to her when she hits these problem entries because she does lose drive. The good news is she continues to try.

Tomorrow I'm going to set up the 2 pole bases as the first 2 sets, then the solid 6 and then another set 2 on the end. I'll start the session with the first two sets of 2 poles open and work those difficult right entries. I may spend the whole session on working those right entries; I want to give her confidence on this side so she will weave equally on both sides.

No comments: