Saturday, March 7, 2009

Human exercise program

I've been attending an exercise class three days a week for the past 2 weeks. The class is at the fitness center of my church. Since it's at 8:30 a.m., I expected that the average age of the participants would be a couple of decades older than me. I was right on the age range; but I was quickly humbled by their abilities! After the first class, a perky woman in her 70s came up to me and assured me I'd be right up with the rest of them in a couple of weeks. I know God was getting a chuckle!

This class is a combination of strength training, balance and flexibility. There is a different instructor each day, which helps with the variety of exercise. We use hand weights, bands and exercise balls. There is a mix of yoga as well. I'm supplementing this class with time on the treadmill several days a week, too.

I've wanted to increase my exercise level for a while; and since I have time off work now, I'm enjoying incorporating exercise into my routine. I'm posting this on the dog blog, because it's really helping me with my agility training. I'm "running with purpose" much better than before, and I know I'm faster. This can only help my dogs get faster, too!

No comments: