Friday, March 20, 2009

Mini T drill

Devon and I finally broke out the bumpers yesterday - it must be almost spring! I set a mini-T on a soccer field. The back pile was 60 yards and the side piles were 30 yards on center. Devon must have been looking forward to spring and field work, because she looked incredible. She nailed every sit whistle, and she only blew one cast in 12. I was able to re-sit her about 15 yards from the back pile and get her to take the correct cast. 

Over piles had been Devon's weakness, and she was weaker to one side than the other. I can never remember until we're training which is her weak side. I think it is her right, so I asked her for that one first. I identified the pile for her with a hand thrown bumper after I sat her, but I think she'd already seen it. She went straight for the pile and didn't banana in toward me as she had been doing. She was equally strong on her left overs, so I really can't say one was better than the other!

It was a very successful session with Devon running out faster and stronger each time. Since it had been so successful, I stopped with 12 bumpers total. Devon retrieved fun bumpers as I cleaned up the field. I think next time I'll push the back pile out to 80 yards and see what we have!

No comments: